Thursday 21 August 2014

Pilot For a New Reality Show

Can't you just imagine this as the script for the next hit reality cartoon show, set in a garden - somewhat like Bill and Ben was - and we'd call it something odd like... Getting Fresh With Herb & Co. Not sure of the time slot yet!

"So, Rosemary, who's coming to dinner? And what thyme will they get here?"
"Let's see. Marjoram said she'd come, and Cori an' Der, too. With the three of them, and us, Basil, that's five. I'm sure others will turnip* too."
"Wait a mint, who's gonna look after our daughter, Sage? You know she's a bit of a dill when we've got visitors."

Later at the dinner party...
"Hey, Basil, be a good host and Pars Ley the sauce?"
"Sure. So, Der, have you travelled much in the US?"
"Yeah, I've been to most states, but Oregan? No."
"Gee, it's getting late. Has Tara gon already?"
"Yes, I think she's got a bad case of chives - she started to come out in a rash."

* Yes... technically, this is not a herb but I was having so much fun I wanted to put it in!

Way off topic here! Sorry... these sensational timber herb sticks have been made with love and your garden in mind. There's 12 different hand-branded sticks, and they'll be bundled up in sets of 6 so check out your herb patch before you head to the Carnival and grab the pack that's right for you.

Now, back to that script.... hmmmm, carrot, beetroot, melons. Yep, definitely a late time slot, I'd say! I think I'm going to have to head off to the Scarborough Fair markets.


No comments:

Post a Comment